Day 27/365 (Giving credit where it's due)


UPDATE ON MY TESTS - Very little to say, except that I did send formal letters to Laurentian asking about my Re-admission, as well as updates on Mr. Hartwell & Mrs. Leverette.

MOMENT OF CLARITY - This is by far one of my most vulnerable moments on Richard's 35th...I'll let the log speak for itself.

Link: Derek Sivers; How to start a movement
Note:  See below for email thread between Julie and I.



EMAIL THREAD BETWEEN JULIE AND I OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS

My, original email to Julie
Hello Julie,

Thanks for commenting, twice now, on my blog...I’m very humbled that you read it on what appears to be a somewhat regular basis

Julie's reply
Just before retiring for the night, I settle into a very comfortable oversized leather chair with a cashmere throw, the fireplace crackling in front of me adding a warm glow to the room, my feet cozy in slippers, and my hands toasty warm as they gently cradle a hot cup of tea.

As I look outside, I see nothing but the quiet stillness of the night with the fog gathering in a slow subtle floating movement amongst the trees in the forest.  Somewhere in the distance a dog howls and it makes the atmosphere in the room appear eerie.  I hear a creaking sound in the next room; I turn around to look in that direction, feeling silly doing so, but I just reassure myself the floorboards are just settling.  The wind chimes on the patio strike against each other.  Even though I have heard them many times in the day, their chime on a dark foggy night feels not quite right.

A sudden chill enters the room and all the candles in the room flicker at the same time as if to announce the presence of someone, or something.  I assure myself that it's just the wind picking up outside; I justify that to myself with the sound of a window shutter slamming.

The situation creates a feeling of a haunted aura and of mystery or even suspense, as if something unexpected is just....about......to happen....in the desolate stillness of the foggy night.  It's the perfect setup to see what Poirot is up to in Agatha Christie's mystery collection.  But.  Nope.  I am settling down to read Richard's 35th blog!  lol. 

Humour and scary scene (above) aside....Rich, you're humbled that I read your blog on a regular basis?  Really?   If it must be said, I'll say it......to entertain someone else's thoughts is to entertain another world, beyond your own.   I find this the beauty of communication.

Have you ever found yourself in a conversation (or even in a one way communication; speech or presentation or haha blog) with someone and they say something that never did or maybe never would have ever crossed your mind?  Or maybe you've heard it before but had dismissed it, but for some reason, this time, you entertain the thought.

The outcome of this is unpredictable and that's the absolute beauty of it.  You walk away from it with either a new concept, idea, debate, consideration, emotion, direction, humor, non-acceptance, etc.  Your (and in some cases, the speaker's) world or view of it, has just changed, and of course that's only if you see it.  This change may lead one down a different road in life from that moment on; one's life and one's sequence and subject of thoughts may (or may not) have changed.

To see the world from the eyes of another is a gift they offer you; a most unique and priceless experience.  If you take to the experience or what you do with the experience, well, that's a whole different ball game.

Rich, I enjoy your blog. Honestly, I think it had a shaky start, but seems to be going very well now.   I have become quite used to sitting down to your blog with my cup of tea, and just unwinding for the evening.
----end of email thread.


Since this project is about being Open and collaborating with others, Julie has allowed me to publish her email address...so, should anyone wish to contact Julie, for whatever reason, please do so at jbaranski@hotmail.com

....and if you all understand the premise and the values of this project, I trust Julie will not regret this decision :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment