Day 34/365 (How things change)


UPDATE ON MY TESTS - Open Data Day is recharged; A couple of meetings with great people that include a lesson in Occupy vs TEA party.

MOMENT OF CLARITY - I'm of the strong opinion that you can only change things from the OUTSIDE, but a someone whose on the inside (who is trying to change things) believe that some good can also happen on the inside as well.

Here's the Stephen Jay Gould Quote I mention in my log:

“Violence, sexism, and general nastiness are biological since they represent one subset of a possible range of behaviours. ....But peacefulness, equality, and kindness are just as biological—and we may see their influence increase if we can create social structures that permit them to flourish.”

Log - Day 34/365 (How things change) from Richard Pietro on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Richard, I just finished listening to your logs... I am impressed by how comfortable you seem with the camera. I am sure you must find these logs have therapeutic value... the best part for me was listening and watching the evolution.
    An Open life can be like a rose bush... there can be thorns... but don't worry... cary gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...that's probably the best advice I've received yet; "Carry Gloves"

    And thanks for the kind words! It's funny, because I sometimes do look back on previous logs and shudder lol...but, the self-reflection does help to give me focus, if not the outright therapeutic value that you mention.

    In any case, I know I won't be stopping any time soon :-)

    ReplyDelete